Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Hot Olympian: Darya Klishina

Darya Klishina
The 2012 London Olympic Games is just around the corner and one of those newcomers who has a chance to become a household name and stand at the threshold of stardom is Darya Klishina.

With such a stellar combo of athletic strength and delicate beauty, this 21-year-old Russian stunner is on her way to become one of the most talked-about female athletes of her time.

Although this will be her first Olympic games, her reputation as a Junior Athletic Champion precedes her; her 7.03 meters jump was the second best all-time in the history of Junior Athletics. When she's not out making huge leaps on the track, she keeps busy with modeling assignments and photo shoots.

For Darya, reaching the Olympics itself is the realisation of a childhood dream. Darya began her sporting life as a volleyball player, but it was her speed on the track at school sports day that impressed the coaches, who persuaded Darya to pursue a career in Athletics.

"My parents never put pressure on me to choose a specific sport; they left it for me to decide. I fell in love with Athletics, because of the individual nature of the sport. I prefer training on my own…and winning on my own. It was a lot more satisfying. I think I am a lone wolf," Darya said in one of her interviews.

She had a disappointing showing in the 2011 World Athletics Championships in Daegu, finishing a distant 8th with a jump of 6.50 metres. However, Darya's form has been much better of late and she will be going to London with improving on her personal best of 7.05 metres.

No comments:

Post a Comment