Monday, January 9, 2017

Why Kendall Jenner Prefers Pink Christmas

Pink Christmas
A month ago, Kendall Jenner posted a photo to her Instagram of her Christmas tree — but what many of her fans noticed more was the backdrop: a peaceful pink wall. In the latest post in her app, Jenner addressed her paint color choice. It’s a shade called Baker-Miller Pink, which she claims chills her out and keeps her from overeating.

"I decided to paint [the wall] pink because while I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with the room, I went to dinner with friends and they had just gone to the 'Human Condition' exhibition at a former hospital in LA," she wrote. "They were telling me there’s a pink room at the exhibit that had an explanation of the color choice: Baker-Miller Pink is the only color scientifically proven to calm you AND suppress your appetite. I was like, "I NEED this color in my house!" I then found someone to paint the room and now I’m loving it!".

It turns out Baker-Miller Pink is indeed a color phenomenon. The hue is also referred to as Drunk Tank Pink, as it’s been used in jail cells to calm violent prisoners, according to Color Matters. And Hillsborough Regional Juvenile Detention Center West in Tampa even employed the color in a room used to simmer down aggressive minors, says Apartment Therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment