Sunday, October 9, 2016

Hall Of Famer Bashed National Anthem Protester

Mike Ditka
Everyone in the American sports world continues to debate and discuss the protest carried out by some 'professional' athletes while the national anthem is being played, and it appears this one is the most spot-on and fiery response so far.

Hall of Famer Mike Ditka was asked by Dallas’s 105.3 The Fan about Colin Kaepernick and he responded with this:

"I think it's a problem, anybody who disrespects this country and the flag. If they don't like the country, they don't like our flag, get the hell out. That’s what I think.

"So if you’re asking me, I have no respect for Colin Kaepernick. He probably has no respect for me, that's his choice. My choice is that I like this country, I respect our flag. And I don’t see all the atrocities going on in this country that people say are going on.

"I see opportunities if people want to look for opportunity. Now, if they don’t want to look for them, then you can find problems with anything, but this is the land of opportunity because you can be anything you want to be if you work. Now, If you don’t work, that's a different problem."
Ditka hasn't been afraid to talk about similar issues before. Here's what he said in 2014 about Rams players' "hands up" gesture:

"I understand what the Rams’ take on this was. I’m embarrassed for the players more than anything. They want to take a political stand on this? Well, there are a lot of other things that have happened in our society that people have not stood up and disagreed about."
He's also called President Obama "the worst president we've ever had."

This country needs more Mike Ditka!

No comments:

Post a Comment