Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Even Sammy Sosa Doesn't Want To Be Black

Sammy Sosa
A few days ago, baseball legend Sammy Sosa set Twitter abuzz when new pictures of him surfaced sporting a lighter skin tone.

Barstool Sports podcast host Dan Katz was a fan of "cowboy Sammy."

"The craziest part about the Cowboy Sammy picture is that I just assumed it was an old picture because the 'weird Sammy Sosa picture' catalogue has gotten so big nothing new shocks me," he tweeted.

Born in the Dominican Republic, Sosa had darker skin when he first garnered fame in the MLB, hitting 609 homeruns in his career.

In 2009, Sosa addressed his complexion, saying he used skin bleaching cream.

"It’s a bleaching cream that I apply before going to bed and whitens my skin tone," Sosa told Univision’s Primer Impacto show. "It’s a cream that I have, that I use to soften [my skin], but has bleached me some. I'm not a racist, I live my life happily."

And that is how Sosa wants to live his life ... as a non-black person.

No comments:

Post a Comment