Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Kylie's Anti-Bullying Campaign

Kylie's I Am More Than
Kylie Jenner is putting some good out into the world.

The 18-year-old reality star launched her new Instagram campaign called "#IAmMoreThan" last 31 August 2015, in which she plans to share stories of people who have taken bullying and turned it into something positive over the next six days.

"I've gotten to talk and bond with all of these people whose stories you will see on my page," Kylie wrote. "I think you will all fall in love with them just like I did. I want to encourage you, my fans, to share something positive about yourselves. I'll be reading as much as I can so that some of you can be a part of this as well! Let's do this ❤️ #IAmMoreThan #StopBullying."

True to her word, Kylie shared her first #IAmMoreThan post on 1 September, focusing on 21-year-old college student Renee DuShane, who was born with Pfeiffer syndrome. Pfeiffer syndrome is a rare genetic disorder that prevents further growth of the skull and affects the shape of the head and face, and also affects bones in the hands and feet.

"Renee is so strong willed and a super intelligent girl who told me that while growing up she never had many issues with bullying," Kylie initially explained, but Renee started to get anxious about having to explain her condition to all the new people she would meet in college. After going on Tumblr and being inspired by profiles of "positive, confident people," Renee started sharing photos of herself even with her own insecurities.

No comments:

Post a Comment